Thursday, May 04, 2006

TRUE CHURCH?

Vv 28-30. "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. 30. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light."

It is easy, in America today, to find a “church” that will take you as you are and make you a member. The only problem here is that sitting in a church will not make one a Christian any more than sitting in a garage make one an automobile. The writer of Hebrews, speaking of the Hebrew people wandering in the wilderness, gives warning: Heb. 3:9-12 Where your fathers tried Me by testing Me, And saw My works for forty years. 10. "Therefore I was angry with this generation, And said, They always go astray in their heart; And they did not know My ways; 11. As I swore in My wrath, They shall not enter My rest. 12. Take care, brethren, lest there should be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart, in falling away from the living God.

MacArthur writes, “To intellectually acknowledge Christ’s deity and Lordship is a dangerous thing if it does not lead to true faith, because it gives a person the false confidence of belonging to Christ.” Churches today are remiss in proclaiming the whole truth and discipline. One can hardly find much difference between the world outside and the populace inside her walls. However, where the whole truth of scripture is proclaimed, obeyed, and adored, there is where one will find the true church.


The Church’s one foundation Is Jesus Christ her Lord;
She is His new creation By Spirit and the Word”
From Heaven He came and sought her to be His holy bride;
With His own blood He bought her, And for her life He died.

Mid toil and tribulation, And tumult of her war,
She waits the consummation of peace for evermore;
Till, with the vision glorious, Her longing eyes are blest,
And the great victorious Shall be the Church at rest.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?